MB Improv’s 'Intro-to-Improv' Course - give Improv Comedy a Try!
Only £10 for the whole course
The course starts with a free taster session on:
Tuesday 21 August, 7.00pm – 8.30pm
Followed by an 8-week foundation course:
Tuesday, 28 August - Tuesday, 16 October, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
All Sessions held in Showroom 5
Following their popular first course, MB Improv will be running a new course for anyone who wants to give Improv Comedy a go.
"I signed up for the intro course as it looked like fun, and you know what, it was! It really helped me free up a more creative side of my brain. Everyone's really friendly, from the other newbies to the old hands and everyone's cheering you on as you monkey around.” Rhys – MA Scriptwriting Student – Intro-to-Improv Course 1
The course is an 8 week introductory course covering the foundational skills necessary for performing great improvised comedy. The course is aimed at people with no experience of Improv / Comedy / performing and all levels are welcome.
You will learn the foundations of great improvisational comedy.
• Team building exercises – to develop the group synchronicity and environment necessary for learning and performing Improv comedy.
• Listening exercises – not only a key skill in life but also in Improv
• Quick thinking exercises
• Collaborative Creativity – building solid improvised scenes as part of a performing group (‘gifting’, ‘yes, and…’)
• Spontaneity through improvisation – being ‘in the moment’
• Learning how to turn off the planning part of your brain – ‘get out of your head and into the scene’
• Co-creating amazing improvised stories
• Learning how to make your co-performers look amazing
Through MB Improv’s Intro-to-Improv Course you will:
• Develop a solid improv comedy foundation
• Learn the skills to build an amazing improv comedy scene
• Boost your creativity and spontaneity
• Improve your listening and public speaking skills
• Build your self-confidence
• Scratch your comedy itch
People come to MB Improv workshops for all kinds of reasons, some want to learn a new hobby, others want to become a great improviser and others find that some of the many key skills to improv give them the edge in the work, personal, social lives
MB Improv create a fun and friendly atmosphere where students feel relaxed and free to step out of their comfort zone and give it a go. As well as learning a new hobby and picking up some really good skills for life you will have a great time with a bunch of fantastic people!
Email email@example.com or get in touch via their Facebook page www.facebook.com/MonkeyButlerUK to sign up - spaces are limited, so get in touch!