Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint
Jenseits des Sichtbaren - Hilma af Klint
This film is Triple F-Rated
Celebrating the empowerment of women in the film industry. Read more >
From the archive
This film was last shown on 15 October 2020
Hilma af Klint was an abstract artist before the term existed. The Swedish artist was a visionary who, inspired by spiritualism, modern science, and the riches of the natural world around her, began in 1906 to reel out a series of huge, colourful, sensual, strange works without precedent in painting.
The subject of a recent smash retrospective at the Guggenheim Museum, af Klint was an all-but-forgotten figure in art history, before her long-delayed rediscovery. Director Halina Dryschka’s dazzling documentary describes not only the life and craft of af Klint, but also the process of her mischaracterisation and erasure.
We have worked hard to put new measures in place to create a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy:
- We have reduced the number of tickets a person can purchase at any one time for each of our screenings to six. This follows the latest Government restrictions of meeting in groups of 6 or less.
- Seat reservations will not be possible as our booking system is not able to operate the advanced social distancing we have put in place.
- Please bring along a copy of your ticket booking confirmation email - either printed or on your mobile device - to show proof of purchase and to gain access to the cinema
- Please arrive in plenty of time before your film starts to make sure you are seated with your household or support bubble, socially distanced from other groups in the spaces available
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the Showroom. We have changed our refund policy to keep our staff and audiences safe. Find out more.
- Please take a look at our most up to date safety measures.
- Halina Dryschka
- Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- 1 hour 34 minutes
- Swedish, English, German