BFI Film Academy Residential 2019 - Specialist Programming Residential - Deadline Extended Until Wednesday 26th June, 1PM
We are searching for 30 talented, enthusiastic and hard-working 16-19 year olds from across the UK to take part in the BFI Film Academy Residential at the Showroom Cinema, Sheffield. We are particularly welcoming applications from those groups currently under-represented in the industry. We have a generous bursary scheme which means that the cost will not prevent anyone from taking part.
'I thought the course was excellent in its coverage of the many areas from film programming to marketing, I honestly can’t think of anything that could have been covered. ' - BFI Film Academy Student 2018
'I really enjoyed everything and there was such a range of speakers.' - BFI Film Academy Student 2018
The course runs from Sunday 21st July 2019 until Saturday 27th July 2019.
Deadline for Applications has been extended until Wednesday 26th June 2019, 1PM.
Whether you’re a filmmaker, blogger, regular cinema goer, or someone who simply enjoys watching and talking about films, this exciting and intensive week-long residential will give you a real insight into the world of cinema.
By taking part in the BFI Film Academy Residential, participants will:
- Meet and work with amazing professionals working within the film industry.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy a diverse programme of films and take part in masterclasses and workshops with industry experts. You will explore areas such as festivals, programming, distribution, and both commercial and independent cinema.
- Gain invaluable hands-on experience in film marketing, exhibition and distribution.
- Meet lots of other interesting, creative and like-minded young people from across the UK, and will together become part of the BFI Film Academy alumni, entitling you to exclusive opportunities after the course has ended, such as attending industry events.
- Be mentored throughout your time at the academy, and will get the chance to meet various industry professionals on a daily basis who can help guide you and give you tips on how to kick-start your career in film.
- Participants will become part of the BFI Film Academy Alumni and will be offered exclusive opportunities.
BFI Audience Academy is open to young people from anywhere in the UK, from any background. It offers an exciting chance for talented 16-19 year olds to be part of our future film industry.
fee ranges from £0 to £210 for the course, depending on which income bracket
you fall into, including accommodation and food. However, a generous bursary
scheme ensures that the cost will not prevent anyone from taking part — if you have the talent we will make
sure you can attend. Depending on your financial circumstances
we will fund some or all of the cost, and also have a separate fund that can
help with any travel, childcare or other prohibitive costs.
Sound like the opportunity of a lifetime?
The BFI Film Academy is open to young people, from any background.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be aged 16 - 19 years old on the first day of the course.
- Not be attending university at the time of the course.
- Have passion or talent for film and an ambition to work in the film industry.
Deadline for applications has been extended until Wednesday 26th June 2019, 1PM.
Please download the Application Pack Here.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please send your application in the post to Sam Barnett at BFI Film Academy, Sheffield, The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, S1 2BX.