Memories of Murder 15
To book, click a time above.
Before Parasite, South Korean superstar Bong Joon-ho directed this unmissable true-crime drama. A box office smash at home when it was released in 2003, for years Bong’s second feature has been nearly impossible to see in the UK, but it’s finally getting the big screen treatment it deserves in this newly remastered 4K re-release.
Inspired by the true story of South Korea’s first serial killer, the film follows Seoul detective Seo Tae-yoon (Parasite’s Song Kang-ho) as he investigates a series of brutal murders in Gyeonggi Province in 1989. Like Bong’s later work, the film masterfully blends serious drama with biting social satire and pitch-black comedy as it skewers the incompetence of the local police force and Song’s bungling detective, who quickly finds himself in over his head.
Voted the best South Korean film of all in time in a 2014 poll by the Korean Film Archive, Memories of Murder is an utterly unique entry into the true-crime genre that’s a must see for fans of Bong’s work, as well as anyone who loved David Fincher’s Seven and Zodiac.
We have worked hard to put new measures in place to create a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy:
- We have reduced the number of tickets a person can purchase at any one time for each of our screenings to six. This follows the latest Government restrictions of meeting in groups of 6 or less.
- Seat reservations will not be possible as our booking system is not able to operate the advanced social distancing we have put in place.
- Please bring along a copy of your ticket booking confirmation email - either printed or on your mobile device - to show proof of purchase and to gain access to the cinema
- Please arrive in plenty of time before your film starts to make sure you are seated with your household or support bubble, socially distanced from other groups in the spaces available
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the Showroom. We have changed our refund policy to keep our staff and audiences safe. Find out more.
- Please take a look at our most up to date safety measures.
- Bong joon-ho
- South Korea
- 2 hours 11 minutes
- Song Kang-ho