From the archive
This film was last shown on 1 October 2020
‘So much of what we built in the West is
contingent on forgetting some of our past traumas’
Monsoon,Hong Khaou’s touching and graceful follow up to his acclaimed 2014 debut feature Lilting,is a rich and poignant reflection on the struggle for identity in a place where the past weighs heavily on the present.
Kit (Henry Golding, Crazy Rich Asians) returns to Ho Chi Minh City for the first time since he was six years old when his family fled the country in the aftermath of the Vietnam-American war. Struggling to make sense of himself in a city he’s no longer familiar with, he embarks on a personal journey across the country that opens up the possibility for friendship, love and happiness.
We have worked hard to put new measures in place to create a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy:
- We have reduced the number of tickets a person can purchase at any one time for each of our screenings to six. This follows the latest Government restrictions of meeting in groups of 6 or less.
- Seat reservations will not be possible as our booking system is not able to operate the advanced social distancing we have put in place.
- Please bring along a copy of your ticket booking confirmation email - either printed or on your mobile device - to show proof of purchase and to gain access to the cinema
- Please arrive in plenty of time before your film starts to make sure you are seated with your household or support bubble, socially distanced from other groups in the spaces available
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the Showroom. We have changed our refund policy to keep our staff and audiences safe. Find out more.
- Please take a look at our most up to date safety measures.
- Hong Khaou
- 1 hour 25 minutes
- English, Vietnamese
- David Tran, Henry Golding, Parker Sawyers