500g Minced Beef
400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin plum tomatoes
3 – 4 cloves of garlic
Beef stock cubes
1) Finely chop one medium sized onion and add to a frying pan with a pinch of salt. Then add a thinly diced carrot.
2) Add 500g of minced beef or quorn to the pan and allow to brown – but not burn.
3) Crumble 2 stock cubes over the mixture, add the sliced garlic and allow to simmer. Then add 10g of dried chili and Worchester sauce (optional) and season with salt and pepper.
4) Once the mixture is beginning to simmer, add mushrooms, both tins of chopped tomatoes. Here you can also add any additional ingredients – perfect opportunity to add in any leftovers that might not have much life left in them – just make sure they’re diced finely.
5) Allow to cook gently for 20 minutes at a simmering heat.
6) While the sauce is cooking, boil a pan of water and add 100 – 150 g of spaghetti per person, add a dash of olive oil and salt
7) Drain spaghetti and serve with sauce. Fancy it up with some cheese (we’d recommend parmasan but you do you) and some fresh basil.