From the archive
This film was last shown on 24 September 2020
Alice is a reclusive writer, resigned to a solitary life on the seaside cliffs of Southern England while World War II rages across the channel. When she opens her front door one day to find she's to adopt a young London evacuee named Frank, she's resistant. It's not long, however, before the two realize they have more in common in their pasts than Alice had assumed.
Gemma Arterton, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tom Courtenay star in this intensely emotional story of love's endurance in trying times.
We have worked hard to put new measures in place to create a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy:
- We have reduced the number of tickets a person can purchase at any one time for each of our screenings to six. This follows the latest Government restrictions of meeting in groups of 6 or less.
- Seat reservations will not be possible as our booking system is not able to operate the advanced social distancing we have put in place.
- Please bring along a copy of your ticket booking confirmation email - either printed or on your mobile device - to show proof of purchase and to gain access to the cinema
- Please arrive in plenty of time before your film starts to make sure you are seated with your household or support bubble, socially distanced from other groups in the spaces available
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the Showroom. We have changed our refund policy to keep our staff and audiences safe. Find out more.
- Please take a look at our most up to date safety measures.
- Jessica Swale
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- Gemma Arterton