¡Viva! Festival 2019 on Tour
¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Festival 2019 tour, presented by HOME, Manchester, with the support of the BFI, awarding funds from The National Lottery.
The ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival brings the best new cinema from Spain and Spanish-speaking Latin America to Manchester every year, and after a 10-year hiatus, the ¡Viva! Tour of UK cinemas is back! We're screening four of the most exciting films that are touring the UK from the main festival.
Reflecting HOME’s 2019 theme Celebrating Women in Global Cinema, all four films foreground female creative talent in the roles of director, writer, producer or star.
Upcoming films & events
- Petra CTBA
- Spanish & Catalan
- Auteur filmmaker Rosales brings the atmosphere of Greek tragedy to contemporary Spain in this portrait of a broken family suffering the consequences of secrets, lies and violence.
- Tue 7 May
- Miriam Miente CTBA
- This award-winning first fiction feature from Cabral and Estrada is a coming-of-age story that transports you to the Caribbean with a theme they know well: class conflict in the Dominican Republic.
- Tue 21 May
- Jean-François and the Meaning of Life CTBA
- Catalan; French
- Young teenager Francesc – a solitary boy with an eye patch and a psychiatrist – is natural prey for school bullies, until he finds a novel escape in the form of French existentialist philosophy.
- Mon 3 Jun
- Quién te cantará CTBA
- Drawing comparisons with Hitchcock, Bergman and Almodóvar, and voted Best Film by the critics at the San Sebastian International Film Festival, madrileño director Vermut continues to create stylish and exciting cinema packed with complex female leads.
- Mon 17 Jun