Pastoral Workers for Audience Academy
Showroom Cinema are looking to recruit three professionals to work on The Audience Academy, which is a residential course for 16-19 year olds, taking place in Sheffield from 2nd to the 8th of August 2015. The roles are that of pastoral care and you will be sleeping overnight where the students are based.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a teacher or teaching assistant
- With at least two years’ experience of working with teenagers (preferably with 16-19 year olds, but not essential)
- Have worked with young people outside of the school setting i.e. on school trips etc.
It is also desirable but not essential that the candidate:
- Has an understanding of mentoring and support for this age group.
- Be fully DBS checked (although we will carry this out if not)
- Have a first aid qualification (we will ensure you get this training if not).
The role requires the candidate to:
- stay overnight at the venue from 08:30pm to 09:00am from Sunday 2nd of August for six consecutive nights.
- Undertake daily hand over from project manager
- Escort the students from the residence to the training centre (via public transport)
- General oversight of activities from 09:30pm – 11:00pm
- Ensure the rules and regs are adhered to.
- Provide support for young people who may need additional support with group interaction etc.
- Ensure students are present in the accommodation building and in their rooms by at 11pm
- Ensure all students are present for breakfast
- Ensure all YP travel to venue safely using public transport
- Implement child protection policy
The fee for this is £600 total for the six nights.
To apply: Please email a letter outlining your experience and relevance for the position, including two referees details to:
Or by post to Meabh O’Donovan, The Audience Academy, The workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX
For more information please download the application pack
Sheffield Media & Exhibition Centre are committed to equality, diversity and dignity at work.
Box Office Supervisor
(30 hours contract per week, including some weekend and evening work -The week is 5 days across a 7 day rota)
Salary: £7.08 per hour
Showroom / Workstation is an integrated media arts complex operating a café/bar, conference and events facilities, four-screen digital cinema and creative industries managed workspace. We are seeking an experienced Box Office Supervisor to join our very busy and committed team.
As part of the role you will support the Box Office Manager in overseeing the smooth operation of the box office. This will include all aspects of customer relations concerning ticket sales and the effective operation and the sale of the Showroom membership schemes. Knowledge of box office systems and experience of selling and a commitment to customer care are essential. Experience of Vista ticketing systems, working in a busy public space and understanding of access requirements are essential.
Please note that we cannot consider CVs and will only shortlist from completed application forms.
For more information and application form please download the application pack
or contact our Reception Team:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0114 279 6511
Sheffield Media & Exhibition Centre is an equal opportunities employer.