Exhibition on Screen
EXHIBITION ON SCREEN, the pioneering series of gallery and artists films for the cinema, returns for a sixth season, featuring three brand new feature films and encore screenings of audience favourite Rembrandt, back by popular demand.
Providing access to the world’s greatest art and artistic institutions, each film offers a cinematic journey into the personal and creative lives of history’s best-loved artists. Since being launched in 2011 by filmmaker Phil Grabsky, EXHIBITION ON SCREEN has released 19 films which have been shown in more than 60 countries across the globe.
The new films in Season Six will reveal the story behind Degas’ obsessive pursuit for perfection; how Picasso’s lesser-known early years shaped his rise to international fame; and the profound influence of Japan on the work of Van Gogh. Meanwhile Rembrandt will return to screens marking the 350th anniversary of the artist’s death.
Upcoming films & events
- Leonardo's Full Story
- Leonardo’s Full Story, as EXHIBITION ON SCREEN presents every single attributed painting, in Ultra HD quality, never seen before on the big screen.
- Tue 29 Oct
- Sun 3 Nov
- Lucian Freud: A Self Portrait
- For the first time in history the Royal Academy of Arts in London, in collaboration with the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, is bringing together Lucian Freud’s self-portraits.
- Tue 14 Jan 2020
- Sun 19 Jan 2020
- Easter in Art
- This beautifully crafted film explores the Easter story as depicted in art, from the time of the early Christians to the present day. Shot on location in Jerusalem, United States and throughout Europe.
- Tue 7 Apr 2020
- Sun 12 Apr 2020
- Frida Kahlo
- This highly engaging film takes us on a journey through the life of one of the most prevalent female icons: Frida Kahlo.
- Tue 7 Jul 2020
- Sun 12 Jul 2020