Relaxed Saturdays: Family Time and Autism-Friendly Screenings
On Saturday mornings, our Family Time strand offers family-friendly relaxed screenings. In 2024, these will be followed by autism-friendly relaxed screenings showing the latest big releases.
Every Saturday at 11am, Family Time welcomes all ages to experience the most beloved modern and classic cinema on the big screen.
Films in the Family Time programme will be suitable for varying ages, so we encourage you to read the guidance on the film page if you are unsure about suitability for your little one.
With tickets at £5 for all ages, and a relaxed, accessible atmosphere (including subtitles and low-level lighting), Family Time is the perfect way to introduce the kids in your life to old favourites and the magic of cinema in a comfortable, welcoming environment.
Family Time screenings start at 11am with no adverts, however we will play a few relevant trailers before the start of each film.
And remember - everyone is welcome! Though Family Time is aimed at families, Showroom believes that these come in all shapes and sizes; grown-ups and friends are welcome too. Children under 12 should always be accompanied by an adult.
We have a special combo offer for under 15s - get a small drink and popcorn for £6 at the box office. We have options for children on our menu - enjoy 10% off any food you purchase in our bar by showing your Family Time ticket.
Every Saturday at 1.30pm, enjoy the latest releases in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
These screenings have no adverts or trailers and offer unallocated seating, large screen space for movement, reduced film sound volume and low lighting during the film. Standard ticket prices applies.
Upcoming films & events
- Family Time: Turning Red PG
- This hilarious and heart-warming film about boy bands, growing up, and a giant red panda, finally arrives on the big screen for the first time.
- Sat 2 Mar
- Relaxed Screening: Dune - Part Two
- Dune: Part Two will explore the mythic journey of Paul Atreides as he unites with Chani and the Fremen while on a path of revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family.
- Sat 2 Mar
- Family Time: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret PG
- The perfect film to celebrate World Book Day, International Women’s Day, and Mother’s Day. This heart-warming family comedy adapted from the acclaimed Judy Blume novel explores the trials and tribulations of girlhood.
- Sat 9 Mar
- Relaxed Screening: Origin 12A
- A powerful drama about race and social hierarchy adapted from Isabel Wilkerson’s book by groundbreaking director Ava DuVernay.
- Sat 9 Mar
- Family Time: Ernest and Celestine U
- French with English subtitles
- A delightful crime caper following an unlikely friendship between a bear and a mouse. A special opportunity to introduce little ones to the world of foreign language cinema in a relaxed environment.
- Sat 16 Mar
- Relaxed Screening: Drive-Away Dolls 15
- Ethan Coen’s hotly-anticipated comedy caper follows Jamie (Margaret Qualley), an uninhibited free spirit who heads out on an impromptu road trip with her best friend after breaking up with her girlfriend.
- Sat 16 Mar
- Family Time: The Iron Giant PG
- In this acclaimed animation adapted from the Ted Hughes novel by The Incredibles director Brad Bird, a young boy befriends a giant robot from outer space that a paranoid government agent wants to destroy.
- Sat 23 Mar
- Family Time: Soul PG
- Soul makes its big screen debut after a pandemic-impacted release. Immerse yourselves in a beautiful film that asks the question: what makes you... YOU?
- Sat 30 Mar