From the archive
This film was last shown on 24 September 2020
Two twenty-somethings navigate their past struggles and growing feelings for one another in this intimate, impressive debut feature from British writer-director Aki Omoshaybi, and in which he also stars.
An unremarkable newsagents sits between a courthouse and a business centre. It’s here that sparks fly between well-dressed Kyle and the equally poised Jamie. Yet despite their composed outward appearances, both are struggling to move on from hardships they’d rather keep hidden. As their feelings for one another blossom, these difficult pasts resurface, threatening their relationship before it has even begun.
Real is an authentic and touching love story from director and star, Aki Omoshaybi: an exciting new voice in British filmmaking.
We have worked hard to put new measures in place to create a safe and welcoming environment for you to enjoy:
- We have reduced the number of tickets a person can purchase at any one time for each of our screenings to six. This follows the latest Government restrictions of meeting in groups of 6 or less.
- Seat reservations will not be possible as our booking system is not able to operate the advanced social distancing we have put in place.
- Please bring along a copy of your ticket booking confirmation email - either printed or on your mobile device - to show proof of purchase and to gain access to the cinema
- Please arrive in plenty of time before your film starts to make sure you are seated with your household or support bubble, socially distanced from other groups in the spaces available
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the Showroom. We have changed our refund policy to keep our staff and audiences safe. Find out more.
- Please take a look at our most up to date safety measures.
- aki Omoshaybi
- 1 hour 18 minutes